THE CONFECTIONIST: Sweet Popcorn

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sweet Popcorn



My roommate and I love popcorn.
It's a reliable and somewhat healthy snack, which has a way of making me feel like I'm fourteen again. I close my eyes and see myself in sweats curled up on the couch—with a friend and a giant bowl resting on my lap. Nothing to worry about, except finishing the popcorn too fast, when school is canceled because of the brutal Texas "winter storm"...

Naturally, on our first visit to Union Square market my roommate and I decided to buy a bag of white kernels. Over the past few weeks, we've made a few batches of plain popcorn. But, it wasn't until last Monday did we decide to step outside the realm of lightly-salted popcorn to make kettle corn. Earlier that day I found a great recipe for this crunchy sweet and savory confection. Some of the popcorn pieces were heavily caramelized with sugar, which made for a sweet surprise.

Ah, there's nothing like the warm scent of sugary popcorn wafting through the air...


*note: the picture does not do the delicious popped kernels justice. trust me when i say...this recipe is FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment