THE CONFECTIONIST: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Monday, May 2, 2011

oatmeal chocolate chip cookies


I was in the mood for eating something sweet, but didn't want to regret it during my run later this evening. What was my go-to recipe? Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! These remind me of high school, when my good friend Charlie and I spent our summer days making dozens of oatmeal cookies. We'd experiment with raisins, nuts and different grades of chocolate. No matter what we added to the mix we always came out with a delicious batch of warm cookies.

This recipe is a bit different from my younger years, but it is equally as good. With most of the ingredients already in my kitchen, these cookies were super easy to make. I substituted half of butter in the original recipe for applesauce to make the cookies even more heart-healthy.
I hope baking these will bring back some warm memories of your yesteryear.


The Recipe (adapted from My Recipes: Chocolate-Cherry Heart Smart Cookies):
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
3 tblspn unsalted butter
3 tblspn unsweetened applesauce
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350degreesF.
Grease large baking pan. I used grapeseed oil, but you can use whatever you like.
Mix dry ingredients. Melt butter and mix with sugar and applesauce in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to the other bowl. Mix well. Add egg, vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well. Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough to place on greased pan. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I just added Petit Chef to my list of blogs.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is great. I really love cookies. Thanks for the recipe.

    Carpet Cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete